View My Stats

2012年11月13日 星期二

School Issues Preferred


13/11/2012  

Dear Miss Wong,
School Issues Preferred

Our monthly class debates will be held on next Friday. This morning, you asked us to post our responses online to the following question “What Should Class Debates be about – School Issues or Workplace Issues?” Thanks a lot for giving me such a precious chance to give my response. I should grab this opportunity to do so. Besides, I am writing to show my concern for the class debates and I want to share my views on these topics with you. 

The two issues are good for students to debate as there is enough room to argue or express one’s viewpoint. The workplace issues are useful for students to increase the knowledge of theor field of work through finding related information for preparing an argument. For school issues, it is an opportunity for students show concern about the matters of education such as the recent hot topics of  moral and national education curriculum and the issue of smaller class sizes.  

Debate on school issues not only make students pay attention to news but also widen their viewpoints on both sides of the issues. For example, I watched a TV programme last night, which showed us a picture of students having a gathering to bitterly oppose the moral and national education curriculum. They were shouting slogans to withdraw it. In the meantime, I saw a teacher of Fresh Fish Traders’ School, he was teaching the moral and national education lesson. The school principal said he was careful in doing everything so that it would benefit his students. He believes that if teachers teach this curriculum in a correct way, they will be supported by the public. I agree with his views that we should be courageous and have a positive attitude to face difficulties.

In my opinion, I would like to debate the school issues rather than the workplace issues. It is because the former is often related to the relationship of students and school life. They may be interested in those arguments. If people do things which they like, they will be confident and enjoyable. Therefore, it is time for classmates to consider which issue they would like to debate.
Thank you very much for your suggestion and support. 

Yours faithfully,
Kar

沒有留言:

張貼留言