網誌存檔

View My Stats

2012年12月4日 星期二

It is just bunk.



 

(Headline Daily P.26  4 Dec,2012) Are you scared stiff(驚慌得全身僵硬)? Are you shaking in your boots(可有害怕得渾身發抖)? Do you really believe that doomsday(世界末日) is around the corner(轉眼便到)? Are you saying your final goodbyes to all your friends and relatives? According to the ancient(遠古) (very old) Mayan(馬雅) calendar, the world will end on December 21 2012. The word doomsday means the last day of the world's existence. You can also use the biblical (from the Bible) word Armageddon to describe the end of the world. I don't believe at all that the world will end on December 21 2012. I think it's just bunk(胡說八道) (nonsense, empty talk).

The expression scared stiff means extremely scared or frightened. It has the same meaning as the expression shaking in your boots. I was scared stiff (shaking in my boots) when I first started doing my TV show. But I am no longer nervous facing the cameras. The expression "around the corner", as I have explained before, means very near. For example, Christmas is just around the corner. The ancient Maya civilization stretched from parts of Central to South America. The ancient Mayan calendar ends on December 21 2012. That's why some people believe the world will end. I believe it is a myth(迷思). The word myth, as I have explained before, is something that is believed by many people but not true.

If you believe doomsday is around the corner you should build a basement like Henry Tang Ying-yen and Leung Chun-ying and fill it with bottled water and canned food. Maybe you will survive if you take shelter in the basement. But since December 21 2012 is a Friday I intend to party all night. The noun party, as you know, means having a gathering with friends or family to enjoy eating and dancing. But you can also use it as a verb, which means to have a good time. If you are not afraid of doomsday you should party too, like me.
  
 




你驚慌得全身僵硬(scared stiff)嗎?可有害怕得渾身發抖(shaking in your boots)?你是否相信,世界末日(doomsday)轉眼便至(around the corner)?你有沒有跟你的至親好友作最後道別?根據遠古(ancient)馬雅(Mayan)曆法,世界將於二一二年十二月二十一日終結。Doomsday就是世界末日,你也可以用上聖經(biblical)的用語Armageddon(世界末日之善惡之戰)。我完全不相信世界會在二一二年十二月二十一日完結。我認為那是胡說八道(bunk)

習語scared stiff是指非常驚慌或戰慄,與另一個習語shaking in your boots的意思一樣。我頭一趟做電視節目時,也是戰戰兢兢的(scared stiff shaking in my boots),但我現在對鏡頭已不再緊張了。我從前也解釋過習語around the corner,就是即將來臨,例如,聖誕很快便到(around the corner)。古馬雅(ancient Maya)文明覆蓋中至南美洲,古馬雅(ancient Maya)曆法終止於二一二年十二月二十一日,所以人們相信世界就此完結。我相信這只是迷思(myth)。Myth這個字我從前亦解釋過,就是許多人都相信但沒有事實根據的說法。

如果你相信世界末日(doomsday)即將來臨,你應該像唐英年和梁振英那樣,建一個地庫,再放滿樽裝水和罐頭食物。或許你躲在地庫裏就得以生還。但既然二一二年十二月二十一日那天是星期五,我決定通宵狂歡盡興。你也知道名詞party就是與家人好友歡聚吃喝的派對,但你也可以把它當動詞用。如果你不懼怕世界末日,你也該像我一樣,盡情享樂。

中譯:七刻

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言